Another day, another beauty box! I recently wrote about my Sephora and Walmart boxes, and today it’s Target’s turn! The Target Beauty Box is different in that it is not a subscription service. The box is posted each month and you have to remember to go and purchase. This can be good in case you aren’t interested in the contents of a particular box and want to skip. My Subscription Addiction usually posts spoilers of each box before they’re posted on the website for sale. They’re usually $7-10 each. My lovely mother ordered the October box for me this month! 🙂
Like the Walmart box, the Target one has a variety of skincare, makeup, and hair items. Here’s what I got in mine!
The box itself is black and looks very sleek and classy.
Inside is a little insert with some information about the box and the products inside. I found it weird that the Walmart box did not include any info about the products inside, so it’s nice to have that here. It also came with a coupon for a beauty purchase, which I will def be using!!!
I pulled back the tissue paper and found these:
Looks pretty good! Here’s a rundown of what I received:
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer ($5.88). This is apparently a moisturizer you’re supposed to apply after getting out of the shower, but before drying off. I’m not one to knock things before I try, so I gave this a shot…it’s a little weird. It was very smooth and nice after showering, but it left kind of a weird residue on my hands. Also I dripped all over our little bath mat. I’ll use it up but probably won’t buy it again.
- Laneige BB Cushion ($34). This one is interesting. It came with three small sample packs of the BB cushion in Light, Medium, and Medium Dark, and a mini puff to apply it with. I usually don’t like when foundation-type samples are included in boxes like these because even though they included a range of shades, it never REALLY matches perfectly…obviously you can’t match every skin tone in 3 shades. And a lot of product goes wasted too, because I can clearly only use the Light shade. But I’ve been wanting to try out a cushion, and this thing is expensive full price so I won’t let it go to waste haha
- Derma e Hydrating Day Creme ($14.34). This came at a good time for me because I’m almost out of the Ole Henriksen moisturizer that came with my Sephora September box. Once I run out I’ll probably use this one as a daytime moisturizer. It does have a bit of a weird scent…we’ll see how I like this.
- ChapStick Total Hydration Moisture + Tint in Rose Petal ($4.99). This is a full sized item, yay!! I’ve heard great things about this chapstick from the reviews on this month’s box and I’m excited throw it in my purse and give it a try. I swatched it on my hand and it’s a sheer rosy color.
- EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo ($7.01) and Conditioner ($7.01). I’m REALLY not picky about my shampoo and conditioner so I always like to get samples of them in these boxes… seriously, every hair product in my shower right now came from a sample box haha. Saves me from having to buy them for a few more weeks 😉 Tea tree is supposed to be great for dry scalp and itchiness, which is something I tend to get in the winter. These will definitely get used up.
- Wet n Wild Pro Line Graphic Marker Eyeliner in Jetliner Black ($3.99). Yay, another makeup product!!! This eyeliner has a sort of chiseled tip, like a thick marker (hence the name). I’m not sure if I’ll like it because I tend to prefer thin-tipped liners but we’ll see how it goes. I swatched on my hand and you can see the different thicknesses the tip can draw.
After calculating everything, the total value of this box is $20.44! I’d say that’s definitely worth the $7 it cost. While I received more products in the Walmart box, I think this one is ultimately a better value because of the size of the samples and the inclusion of the coupon. I’ll use the majority of the products in the box and at the end I’m very happy with it 🙂
Target came through for me, as usual. If you want to get the Target Beauty Box, check back to the page for when it’s posted (usually the first Monday of every month) – it will say out of stock until then. Hope you enjoyed my rundown of the box, I’m looking forward to another one next month!