Happy Christmas Eve Eve!!! Like I mentioned in my Sephora box post, that box and this one arrived on the same day…it was a great mail day for me!! This is the December 2016 Target Beauty Box, and it’s really a treat – there’s a ton of great stuff in here!!
Target boxes are different from other subscription boxes in that they aren’t actually a subscription – you have to remember to go on and order it each month. Well, I actually didn’t remember to do that so I originally missed out on this one and I was SO bummed about it!! Looking at the spoilers I saw several things I wanted to try, but by the time I went to the page to buy it was sold out 😦 Luckily my LOVELY mother was one step ahead of me and had already ordered it for me 🙂 always lookin out for me!
First of all, this one has more items than any Target box I’ve gotten in the past. When I opened it I immediately noticed that the box seemed bigger than normal. I actually have one of my previous boxes that I now keep my sheet masks in, so I pulled it out to compare sizes and this December box is decidedly bigger!
Since there are more items this month, I divided it into some categories to review so it’s not just one huge block of text 🙂
- Vichy Pureté Thermale One-Step Cleanser ($19.59) – I will for sure give this a try but omg…if there is one thing I did not need more of, it’s cleanser!!! I have so many that I am trying to burn through but I can only wash my face so many times a day!! This is supposed to be a milky lightweight cleanser. We’ll see how it is!
- Derma e Firming DMAE Moisturizer ($12.39) – not THRILLED about this one because if you recall, I got a different Derma e moisturizer in a previous box and I had to throw it away because I hated the smell so much. This one is an improvement – it smells kinda like oatmeal. We will see how long this one lasts for me haha
- Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme ($5.39) – I thought this was such a cute little sample! This is a nice creamy moisturizer that smells really fresh and clean. I’ll definitely be able to use this.
- TRESemmé Pre-Wash Conditioner and Shampoo (both $4.99) – Okay so between Target boxes, Influenster and BzzAgent campaigns it appears that I am never going to have to buy shampoo again!! I’m interested in this idea of conditioning BEFORE using shampoo… the only thing I know about this is that Chrissy Teigen does ads for it and I love her so hopefully she doesn’t let me down haha
- Goody Ouchless Elastic Hair Bands ($4-6) – Okay, I’m not picky about a LOT of beauty products I use, but I literally have not purchased any brand except Goody for hair bands since I was like…old enough to buy beauty products. I buy the black elastics pretty much in bulk because I’ll use it once and then it disappears into the universe forever. I also really like the big headbands because I use them when washing my face! This may seem like it’s nothing special, but it was a nice thing to get in the box.
- Covergirl Outlast Lipstick in Ever Red-dy ($7.99) – I found it humorous that I received a red lip color in both this AND my Sephora box this month! I didn’t try this one on because I had just put on the Sephora one, but I did swatch it. I guess the idea with this is you apply the color, then “set” it with the balm/gloss and you can reapply the balm throughout the day. I’m not sold, but I’ll try it before I make my judgement!
- Almay Non-Oily Makeup Remover Pads ($4.79) – I ragged on Sephora last month for throwing a makeup remover in the box, but it somehow feels less offensive when it’s in Target box…haha. I guess it’s because makeup remover is an item that I don’t feel I need to spend $$$$$$$ on, so it seems silly to give me a sample of a “high-end” makeup remover. Idk. Anyway, I’ve used these makeup remover pads before and they’re nice. I’m moving away from using makeup wipes/pads lately in favor of coconut oil or other removers, but these are nice to have on hand for quick little fixes. I imagine they’d also be good for traveling!
- Modella Black & White Purse Kit ($2.97) – so…in the spoilers that I linked up there, and on the Target beauty box page, this item is not listed and instead there’s a bigger and (imo) much prettier makeup train case. I was a little disappointed to receive this instead and I’m not sure why that other one is even listed on the page….I’m curious if anybody actually got that in their box. Regardless of all that, I couldn’t find this makeup bag listed anywhere on Target’s site, but the price tag is still attached to it so that’s how I knew the value. All in all, it is a pretty cute little bag, and pretty spacious. I will probably just use it to store extra products, rather than “a clutch for a night on the town” as the card suggests lol
And to finish off, here’s the little card that came inside! As usual this card came with a coupon for $3 off a Target beauty purchase, a nice little bonus:
As always I did the math and this box has an approximate value of $17.75! Not bad for a $10 box. Honestly I’m such a fan of the Target Beauty Box. It’s pretty much always a good value and it usually has a good variety of items. While there have been some duds here and there, I’ve found some amazing products too (like lash primer from last month that I literally use every day now!) The next Target Beauty Box should go on sale the first Monday of January, so be sure to check back!
That’s all I have for today! see you next time 🙂 Kaela
PS: This post contains affiliate links, meaning for each click or purchase made through the links in this post, I will receive a small (very small!) percentage of that purchase. My full disclaimer can be found on my about page