Yes, you’re reading that title right – this month Target released TWO versions of their Beauty Box!
As I’ve said in previous posts, the Target Beauty Box usually costs $7-10 and is different than traditional subscription boxes because it doesn’t auto-renew. In other words: you have to remember to go and buy it every month. This month, they released a $5 box and a $10 box. I thought it would be fun to show you both boxes and see if we can guess which one was $5 and which was 10 B) I mean, obviously I already know but see if YOU can tell the difference haha
I can’t really tell if these boxes were supposed to have different “themes” but it doesn’t seem like it… For the purposes of this I’ll just refer to them as Box #1 and Box #2. In this post I’m also including values for each item so you can see how the box value adds up as we go. We’ll start with Box #1:
Products included in Box #1, with my initial thoughts:
- Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion -$0.25 value. This one seems like it will be SUPER moisturizing which maybe will be too much for me in humid Florida weather but I can make use of it now during the winter at least!
- Miss Jessie’s Quick Curls – $2.75 value. Not sure if I’ll have a use for this since I never curl my hair haha maybe I’ll give it a go for the sake of trying?
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil Body Lotion – $0.90 value. This smells AMAZING. I love the smell of coconut and this is super moisturizing and not greasy. I really like this!
- Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner – $2.99 value. This one is full size and I am thrilled about it because it smells so. good. I can’t wait to use this.
- SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Shampoo & Conditioner – $1.35 value between the two sample packs. Tiny samples like this kinda tick me off because like what’s the point haha but I know SheaMoisture is a great brand so I’m excited to try it.
- Mane ‘n Tail Shampoo – $0.41 value. okay I really don’t think I’m ever gonna run out of shampoo thanks to these boxes haha I’m confused if this is a shampoo for horses or people but I’m rolling with it. It smells amazing – super fresh and clean!
- Colgate Enamel Health Whitening Toothpaste – $2.97 value. This one is full size and it sounds weird but I actually love getting toothpaste in boxes because it’s something I’d have to buy anyway!! And now I can stop using Chris’s so I’m sure he’ll be happy haha
- Simple Cleansing Face Wipes – $1.40 value. I’ve used these before and they’re fine…I’ve moved away from makeup wipes in favor of oil cleansing but I still use these in a pinch or when I’m traveling.
So this one is almost all hair stuff and a few body things – no makeup products in this one. This also contains the normal info card and coupon for $3 off beauty products at Target:
All together, this box has a value of $13.05. Now let’s see how that compares to the second one…
Moving on with Box #2:
- L’Oreal Revitalift Volume Filler Serum & Cream – these are foil samples so I’m not putting a value for this one haha. I don’t care for skincare samples that are this small because you really can’t even tell if it does anything 😐
- AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion – $3.16 value. This is the first of THREE lotions I got in this box. This one smells kind of baby powdery.
- eb5 Intense Moisturize Anti-Aging Cream – $5.06 value. Second lotion…..lol. But this one is very gentle and light! I’ll have to put it into my rotation for sweaty humid days.
- Revlon Kiss Balm in Fresh Strawberry – $4.99 value. This is a brand new product and also a full size! It looks like this isn’t on the Target site yet but I assume it will be soon. The color is a nice sheer pink – probably not something I’ll use a lot in my daily look but I like these light sheer colors for lazy days.
- Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion – $1.50 value. I don’t think I’ll be able to use this on my face because I cannot stand the smell. Omg. It’s really nice and hydrating when I put it on my hand but the smell is so bad D:
- Nexxus Comb Thru Volume Finishing Mist – $1.57 value. I just tossed my hairspray because it was old so this is a welcome addition!!
- Chapstick Total Hydration Sugar Scrub – $4.99 value. Yay a full size!! I’ve got a lip scrub from LUSH that I like a lot now but I’m running low so I’m really excited for this one.
- Beautiful Nutrition Lemon Rinse Gentle Clarifying Treatment – $1.50 value. I definitely thought this was a face product haha like a toner or something but I guess it’s for hair?? Lol I guess it’s supposed to remove buildup and clear everything out. I am interested.
Swatch of Revlon balm:
And the product list for this one:
So Box #2 has more makeup items but still a lot of skincare and one hair product. I honestly may have to stop getting these boxes if they keep putting in so many of the same things, I feel like we get at least two lotions every month in this box haha. Anyway, the value of Box #2 is $22.77!
Time for the big reveal – Box #1, valued at $13.05 was the $5 box, and Box #2, valued at $22.77 was the $10 box! I guess the values kinda made it easier to guess haha. But I think this makes sense because #2 contained larger sample sizes including a few full size products, and box #1 didn’t have any makeup products at all.
To be completely honest, I’m not really sure how I feel about Target releasing two different boxes. I think it would probably make more sense if they had different themes or something, rather than just being two random assortments of products. I think it just seems kind of pointless to make two different ones….but I guess I did end up with both of them so I suppose they got what they wanted haha
So that’s my first impressions of January’s Target Beauty Boxes! I really like these boxes but I don’t know if it was necessary to get both. I’m not sure if I will continue to get these every month because I’m ending up with a lot of similar products and I just can’t go through them that fast haha. Seriously the lotions are getting out of control – I got FIVE from these two boxes!!! It’s also disappointing to get so few makeup products…like I know it’s called the “beauty” box and technically all these products are for beauty, but to me the fun in subscription boxes is getting to try different new makeup items. It’s part of why Sephora Play! is my favorite. I’ll have to take a look at the spoilers for next month’s when they come out to see if I should get the February box(es)!!
PS: This post contains affiliate links, meaning for each click or purchase made through the links in this post, I will receive a small (very small!) percentage of that purchase. My full disclaimer can be found on my about page