The Walmart Beauty Box is a quarterly subscription box. It’s marketed as a box of free samples for which you only have to pay shipping, which is $5. So whatever way you slice it, it’s a $5 box.
The winter box is SO cute – it came in this adorable snowflake packaging. I love the themed packaging for this, it really makes it seem like it cost more than $5!
One of the things that is kind of a giveaway that this box is less expensive is that they don’t include a card with all the products listed on it. It’s not a huge deal – obviously I can look them all up, but it’s just a little something missing.
Here’s what was inside:
I hate to say this but my first impression of this box is…that’s it? Compared to my last Walmart box, it seems like I got significantly less products in this one. If you remember from my Fall box I received nine items and the box had a total value of $6.65. Doesn’t seem like much, but it’s about right when you remember the box is only $5. Let’s calculate how much I got in this box…..
- Village Naturals Therapy Aches & Pains Muscle Relief Concentrated Bath Soak – $0.28 value. Does this look familiar?? It should, because I received the EXACT SAME product in the Fall box. Literally, exactly the same. I feel like it’s kind of lazy to put the same product in a box even months apart but two boxes right in a row?? I haven’t even been able to use the last one because I’ve only had a bathtub for about a month! Not off to a great start here…
- L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Ultimate Straight Shampoo, Pre-Conditioner and Conditioner – total value $0.57. More shampoo samples! Not sure what a pre-conditioner does that a regular conditioner can’t, but I’ll try these before I judge.
- Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Almond Nude – $5.23 value. I feel like “color stick” is a very weird name for a lip product, but the “moisture smooth” part is definitely accurate! The swatch is below – it’s a pretty nude color. I don’t think this formula will last long on the lips but it’s very smooth and hydrating.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – $1.38 value. I seriously might have to stop getting these boxes if I’m gonna keep getting lotion lol. Between this and Target (and a very similar sample in an Amazon box) I have enough lotion to last the rest of my life!!
- Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash – $0.60 value. This one also looks familiar because I got THE EXACT SAME SAMPLE in one of my Amazon boxes!!!!!!!!!!! AND I got a sample of a very similar body wash from Dove in the previous Walmart box. I’m so salty about this haha. Like, sure, I’ll use it – but getting all these repeats is really annoying!
- Curél Hydra Therapy Wet Skin Moisturizer – $2.01 value. I’ve gotten a wet skin moisturizer in a beauty box before (I think a Target one) and I like…completely hated it. Putting lotion onto wet skin is not a fun thing to do. But this is a different brand and it claims to be life changing so I’ll give it a shot, I guess…
Swatch of the Neutrogena Color Stick:
It looks like it has some shimmer but it doesn’t in actuality, that’s just how the light made it look.
Inside there were also some coupons and other offers:
So, all in all – 6 product samples and a few coupons, and the box has a total value of $10.07. Compared to the last box value of $6.65, this is definitely an improvement – and yet I’m somehow left much more disappointed by this box? I don’t know. I guess it evens out because this one has fewer products but they are larger sizes and higher values.
Personally, this box was kind of a dud for me. I think I will probably use 5/6 of the products (just not sure about that wet skin stuff..) but they’re almost all things that I literally already own. It’s frustrating to me to get the same product in a box twice from the SAME company. Like, I can understand getting similar things in boxes from different companies because Dove or L’Oreal or whatever brand is probably trying to get these new products out to as many people as possible. But it just seems a bit lazy to send the same thing two months in a row. Since this box is only $5, I can’t complain that much, but it’s obvious (at least to me) that the Walmart box is not really of the same caliber of similar beauty boxes.
Wow, this is kind of a downer post haha. I don’t like to be so negative but it’s just my opinion 🙂 The next beauty box post I have will likely be this month’s Sephora Play! so hopefully it’ll be more of a positive post for that one! I hope you enjoyed this post and don’t forget to check out some of my other beauty box reviews if you did! Thanks for reading 🙂
Edit: so a weird thing happened after I posted this. My mom had ordered me a second Walmart box because she didn’t realize that I had already ordered it, but I figured it was no big deal and I could give the duplicates to a friend. But it arrived and it turns out that it had a lot of different products in it??? I don’t know if this is how it always is, like each box has a random selection of samples – but I definitely like the second box I received way more than the first! Just a weird little thing that happened. Here’s some pics of the second box I received + the one I reviewed in this post:
I guess your experience may vary with this one!!
PS: This post contains affiliate links, meaning for each click or purchase made through the links in this post, I will receive a small (very small!) percentage of that purchase. My full disclaimer can be found on my about page