After skipping last month’s Target box due to my February no buy, I’m back at it this month with the Target Beauty Box for March!
As you can see, it’s sporting a bright new look with a white box instead of the usual black. If you’re not familiar with the Target Beauty Box, you can see some of my other reviews here to get an idea. It’s a monthly box from Target that’s not exactly a subscription box – you have to go and buy it each month. This can be good if you want to skip a month, or bad if you forget to go and get it haha
I am into the white box – it feels kind of springy and bright, which is clearly what they were going for, judging from the info card included inside. I really like the bright orange and pink colors on the interior of the box too, it’s super cute! The card says that the products inside are inspired by “warm-weather getaways”, which I’m feeling like is a bit of a stretch but it’s fine. Inside were this month’s products:
Looks like a decent mix. If you remember from my January box(es), I was kind of bemoaning the amount of lotions included, and thankfully it looks like they got the memo here haha. Let’s take a closer look…
- Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer in Fair/Medium – $2.31 value. I literally rolled my eyes when I saw this hahaha. I don’t know where this trend of “wet skin” moisturizers came from but this is the third one I’ve gotten and I’m over it! This one is supposedly also a self tanner, and self tanning products always look weird on me because if I’m anything besides ghostly pale I just look unnatural. In the spirit of giving it a chance I will still try it, but I make no promises as to liking it. Also, to Target’s credit, this is a pretty decent sized sample, so kudos for that.
- Skinfix Foaming Oil Cleanser – $4.41 value. I’m cycling through different cleansers lately so this will fit right in. It smells fresh and delicious and I’m excited to try it.
- Dove Refresh + Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo – $0.91 value. I have talked about how much I love dry shampoo so many times so I won’t do it again here. I’ve used a different kind of Dove’s dry shampoo before and I really liked it. This one comes out clear with no white residue, and smells kind of powdery but I don’t mind it. Always love getting these in beauty boxes!!
- Soapbox Bamboo Shampoo and Conditioner – $1.50 value total. Target loves to include shampoo and conditioner in their boxes and I finally made a dent in some of the ones I already have, so I don’t mind getting these. It smells AMAZING, super fresh and earthy.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Lip Shine in Radiant Rose – $6 value? This one is weird because the full size value of this says it’s 0.12 oz, but the label on this one says 0.17 oz – so I’m just guessing on the value here. Either way, this one is..interesting. First of all, the cap of mine was like…dented?? Looks like it’s seen better days haha. Also, the applicator on this is ridiculous. It’s a standard kinda circular doe-foot applicator, but it’s too big for the bottle! I had to force it back in, and it just seemed like somebody didn’t really think this one through. I’ll put some pictures below so you can see. As for the product itself – it’s fine? It’s a very smooth, moisturizing gloss and the color is nice. I don’t know if I’ll find myself using it all that often because that applicator is so annoying, but it’s fine haha
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence – $9.80 value. This is the money maker here! This product is $49 full size, and Missha is a pretty cool brand to have in a beauty box, so I was definitely most excited to try this out of anything here. I use another Missha essence, the Time Revolution Night Repair, normally and I love it – it really helps to fade any hyper-pigmentation and brighten the skin tone. This one is supposed to do the same and also help make your skin soft and smooth. I’m really interested to see what kind of results I can get with this, and I was so glad to see it included in this box.
Some pics of the Neutrogena weirdness:
Do you see how the top is dented? I thought it was a stylistic choice until I looked at the one online and saw it was not like that haha. Then in the second pic you can see the applicator – looks normal, right? Nah it was practically impossible to get it out, and then even more difficult to get back in. You can see how it got stuck in that third photo. Kind of a bust. Anyway, here’s a swatch of that:
The little card inside also offers a description of each item, plus a coupon for $3 off a $15 purchase on beauty products at Target.
Value & Verdict
This box cost $7 this month, and the total value was $24.93 for seven products, which I think is a pretty good deal. I feel like all the samples are pretty good sizes and there are no foil packets this month, which is always good! As for the items themselves – I’m lukewarm. I’m THRILLED about the Missha essence, excited for the dry shampoo, indifferent toward the cleanser and shampoo/conditioner, and pretty meh on the moisturizer and lip color. I’m VERY glad they didn’t put 200 lotions in this box though haha. I usually look at the spoilers for the boxes before they come out, so we’ll see what comes in the April box. Hopefully they keep making improvements!
That’s all for my review of this month’s Target box! I have a lot more beauty box reviews on my blog here if you liked this post 🙂 thank you for reading!