I’ve lived in Orlando for a few years now, and I’ve gotten to try a LOT of Disney restaurants as a result. However, with all the new and exciting things happening in Walt Disney World, there’s also a lot of places I haven’t tried! My goal is to go to every Disney restaurant eventually (we even have a spreadsheet tracking our progress….) but here are a few of my top picks for where I’d like to go next!
Top 5: Walt Disney World Restaurants I Want to Try
- Located at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Serves a super fancy and expensive, multi-course meal with many different flavors
- I would order: EVERYTHING!!!
Starting out with a big one here! I’ve dreamed of going to Victoria & Albert’s basically since I learned of its existence because LITERALLY EVERYONE raves about it. It’s the only 5-diamond restaurant in Walt Disney World and #1 rated restaurant in all of Orlando on Trip Advisor…like, it doesn’t get much better. We have never eaten here because I feel like we haven’t had the right occasion, and also we are poor. I’m so intrigued by the idea of tiny multiple courses and trying things I’d never dream of tasting otherwise. I also LOVE restaurants with open kitchens so I’m sure I would love doing the Chef’s Table and watching them make everything. I really hope we get to eat here someday!
- Located at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Serves all you can eat Polynesian-inspired cuisine and drinks
- I would order: it’s all you can eat so …everything! again!
Another extravagant choice…see a trend here? The only restaurants I haven’t been to are the really expensive things hahaha. I’m a fan of dinner shows (I love Hoop Dee Doo at Fort Wilderness, just like every other person in the world), and I’m really eager to check out Spirit of Aloha. I mean…it’s a dinner show and all you can eat. Two of my favorite things. I’ve heard great things about it and I’m pretty sure we get a nice discount sometimes, so we’ll have to look into this one soon perhaps!
- Located at the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Serves Italian, based on a traditional New York bistro
- I would order: Parmigiano Reggiano for two (this appetizer appears to be literally just cheese…I’m into it), Tortellini Alla Panna, and Tiramisu for dessert!
Going in a bit of a different direction here, with what may seem to some like an odd choice. Il Mulino has kind of…intrigued me for a while now. I don’t know how it even came onto my radar, but somehow it did and since I adore Italian food, I’m always on the lookout for new places to try. And, according to the website, if you dine with 4 or more people you can do family style dining! I’m really interested in trying this place out and maybe finding a new favorite Italian spot.
- Located in Epcot France
- Serves classy gourmet French food tucked away in a cozy spot above the pavilion
- I would order: maybe an escargot appetizer to get a little wild, Duo de Volaille (Free-range chicken roasted with sunchoke puree, Brussels sprouts with bacon and black truffles) and something called “La Sphère” for dessert
Monsieur Paul has appealed to me for a while now, but again – I’ve never really had a reason to go. I love that it’s kind of hidden away upstairs in France, away from the craziness of the park. I’m also a fan of French food (and I’ve been meaning to go back to Chefs de France sometime) so this one is practically a no brainer for me. Maybe I’ll have to have us go here on my birthday this year…
- Located in Animal Kingdom, Discovery Island
- Serves “adventurous” and exotic international cuisine inspired by Asian and African cultures
- I would order: Lobster-Popcorn Thai Curry Soup, Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib, and South American Chocolate Ganache for dessert…!!
This one is kind of cheating because when my best friends Sarah & Ana come visit in May, we have a reservation at Tiffins!! I’ve been so interested in the unique foods served as well as the design of the restaurant – it looks so cool! I can’t wait to eat there because we’re going to be on the (fixed price) dining package…so I can get the steak 😀 it looks amazing, I can’t wait!!
Honorable mentions: Cinderella’s Royal Table in Magic Kingdom. I put this as an honorable mention because I’m not necessarily dying to eat there or anything, I just wanna eat there to say I’ve eaten there…haha. I’ve heard lukewarm reviews and I’m appalled at having to pre-pay huge amounts of money for mediocre food…but I have to eat in the castle someday, right?
Other places I wanna go but didn’t quite make the list: Jellyrolls (can you believe I’ve never been?), Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill, and so many others!
And that’s my top 5 (plus a few more…) Disney restaurants I want to go to! There are SO many amazing places to eat and they’re constantly adding more that we can barely keep up. No complaints here though – we love to eat and will keep going as long as Disney keeps adding more 🙂 what are some Disney restaurants you want to try? Hope you enjoyed this post and thanks so much for reading! Check out some of my other Disney related posts here 🙂