Happy birthday to me ❤ I am officially 24 today!
My birthday has always been kind of an event for me – it’s just so fun to celebrate me 😉 Even since I moved to Florida, every year I’ve had a pretty elaborate few days of fun planned out for my birthday. However, this year – for the first time pretty much ever – I don’t have any plans at all (except for work!). We’re doing a few things here and there (I think we’re going to Epcot on Wednesday as a late celebration) but this is the first time I haven’t done anything special on the actual day. Life has just been so crazy with work and stuff at home that the day kind of sneaked up on me. And it’s kind of sad, but I know I’m very lucky to have gone this long without ever working on my birthday haha. And I guess it’s also just part of growing up! Besides, last year we were in Disneyland on my birthday, and there’s not really any one-upping that, so might as well just keep it simple this year!
I wanted to do a special post for my birthday but I wasn’t really sure what to write… it felt pretentious to put together a list of “things I’ve learned” or something because I’m only 24 and I haven’t learned THAT much yet haha. I also felt like it was a bit redundant to do one of those “things I wanna do when I’m 24” because didn’t I just make a new years’ resolutions list? So I decided to keep it simple and just write about some of my favorite and most memorable things that happened when I was 23. A LOT of major things happened in the past year, and hopefully 24 is just as good to me!
And since I’m a visual person, I even linked to some relevant instagram pics and blog posts so we can all walk down memory lane together lol
- April 24, 2016: I got to spend my birthday in Disneyland! Our first trip to Disneyland was obviously amazing, and having my birthday there was so perfect. I can’t wait to go back for our honeymoon!
- June 17, 2016: Chris and I got engaged! Obviously this is pretty much the biggest thing that happened last year haha but it was such a wonderful day and it makes me so happy to remember it. Only 283 days until the wedding!!
- June 19, 2016: I visited all 4 parks in one day with our best friend Brandon! This was such a fun and memorable day, we had such a good time ❤
- July 1, 2016: After living here for almost 3 years, I officially became a Florida resident…not as exciting as other things, but an important part of my life nonetheless!
- August 19, 2016: I found out I got into the Guest Relations pool. This was a GREAT day, and I felt so much support from everyone in my life. I also specifically remember that I bought myself a Sprinkles cupcake and a really pretty highlight from Sephora as a gift to myself lol
- September 11, 2016: My best friend Ana came to Walt Disney World with her family! She’s coming back again next month with our other best friend Sarah – it will be our third trip together and it’s going to be a blast!!!!
- September 20, 2016: Chris and I got to tour the Cinderella Castle Suite thanks to our sweet friend Lauren! It was, in all seriousness, a dream come true – hopefully someday we get to actually stay there!
- October 11, 2016: Chris and I booked our wedding venue! One step closer to the big day 😀
- October 19, 2016: I officially launched my blog! It’s been almost exactly 6 months since then, and I still find a lot of joy in writing posts about my life and other random things. Hopefully you’re enjoying it too!
- December 24, 2016: My parents came to visit me for Christmas, and with them, they brought my pride and joy…my beautiful puppy Teddy ❤ the light of my life, my angel, etc
- December 27, 2016: I bought my wedding dress!!!! Sometime I hope to write about my experience shopping for my dress – it was such a fun day.
- January 5, 2017: Our friend Cleo came to visit us at Walt Disney World to celebrate her birthday! She’s one of our oldest Florida friends from our college program, and it was so great to be able to celebrate with her ❤
- March 6, 2017: I was offered my TA in Epcot Guest Relations! and then…
- March 26, 2017: I started my TA in Epcot GR! and THEN…..
- April 10, 2017: I officially completed my training for GR and earned my D pin! It still feels surreal that I’m working in Guest Relations, and I’m loving every minute of it so far 🙂
- April 21, 2017: As an early birthday celebration, Chris and I headed to the beautiful Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center to see the Broadway QUEEN Bernadette Peters in concert!! There are absolutely no words to describe how amazing she was – she’s seriously one of my idols all the way back from childhood and it was so amazing to see her perform live. And for her encore she came out and sang a song she wrote for her dog like OKAY thanks for making me cry hahah
And that brings us up to today! My 23rd year was full of visits from friends, exciting life developments, and just…a lot of other fun things! Hopefully 24 is just as wonderful 🙂 Thanks for reading, and I hope you liked this post that was just a little different from my normal writing. See you next time!