There have been a few posts now on my blog where I have expressed my joy in buying on Amazon. My family happily sold our souls to Amazon Prime a long time ago in exchange for free 2 day shipping and a shopping catalog of anything our little hearts desire. As a natural result of this, I started to shop for clothes there to see what kind of deals I could find. Lo and behold, there is a HUGE selection of everything you can think of, from basic necessities to extravagant pieces.
❤ ❤ ❤
I was hesitant at first to shop on Amazon for clothes (sizing can be weird, lots of tiny unknown brands, overwhelming numbers of results….) but shopping on Amazon can be fun!!!! Here’s how I get the most out of it:
#1: Use Amazon’s search feature and organized categories to narrow down results and find what you want easily.
There are literally hundreds of thousands of items of clothing on Amazon – it’s easy to get lost and waste your time clicking through pages upon pages of stuff. I usually start by searching for specific items – i.e., “floral maxi skirt”:
You can see there on the left all the options for refining it further, as well as some featured choices and brands on the top. From here, I always like to refine the results a bit more…because…
8,460 results is a lot to go through haha so I like to narrow it down a bit more. You can narrow by price range, brands, star-rating, and many other ways. I usually go through the first few pages checking out anything that looks promising. Even if I don’t love the color or pattern on the search page, a lot of items have other color options so it doesn’t hurt to check! In the result above, the bottom left black skirt is one that I own in pink and blue 🙂
Amazon Fashion’s front page also has a lot of great suggested categories for items if you don’t know where to start!
#2: Read reviews – but take them with a grain of salt.
When buying on Amazon I find it really helpful to read reviews to figure out sizing and if the item is of high quality. It’s especially helpful when people include their measurements and/or a photo of them wearing the item to figure out what size I should get. Generally speaking, I don’t like to buy anything from an unknown brand with no reviews…let someone else find out if that’s a real item, I’m not wasting my time there haha
454 reviews and average rating of 4.4/5 – this is what we like to see. Obviously you can take a chance on lower-rated items or things with less overall ratings, but I feel more comfortable with things that have obviously been successful with a lot of people!
HOWEVER (and this is a big however) – make sure you actually READ the reviews. Sometimes Amazon reviewers have a tendency to leave a low rating because of personal preference or something – like, if a person bought something but they don’t like how the color looks on them. Obviously that’s not anything wrong with the item, but people are quick to judge. It’s also important to remember that not everyone who buys the item leaves a review, so there may be a ton of other purchasers who loved it and didn’t review it. Read the reviews with a bit of skepticism – don’t completely write them off, but don’t rely on them 100%, either.
#3: Select the “Prime eligible” box for better quality sales.
This is obviously only if you have Amazon Prime (which you should) (I promise this post is not affiliated with Amazon I just love Prime) but I always only shop for Prime-eligible items. This means that Amazon is directly involved in the sale, so there will be better service and support provided for the items involved. Amazon Prime already offers free returns for most items, but it’s nice to have that peace of mind and know that they have your back if the seller is shady.
All you have to do is select the option in a search for Prime-eligible items:
You can also easily see in a search or on a product page if an item is Prime eligible – it will be listed at the end of the name or after the price on the page itself:
It’s just easier to shop for only Prime items. This way, I know if I have any problems I can get support from Amazon. AND I can usually get the item in 2 days with free shipping, which is great for an impatient person like me.
– – –
That’s all I have as far as tips for Amazon shopping, but I wanted to show you some of the things I’ve successfully bought on there in the past! I’ve been lucky in that I haven’t had any serious misses in my shopping experience… I love almost everything I’ve gotten 🙂
I’ve purchased a lot of skirts and dresses:
- Grace Karin Pleated Vintage Skirt Floral Print – I LOVE this skirt!!!!! It’s so cute and I always get tons of compliments on it. AND it has pockets! You can see how it looks in this photo. The color I own is F-03.
- Choies High Waisted Midi Skater Skirt – not my absolute favorite skirt I own but a good old standby to have. It twirls really beautifully!! I’m wearing it in this photo, you can kinda see how it looks in person there.
- Afibi Chiffon Maxi Skirt – I am OBSESSED with this skirt!! I first got the blue one and mentioned it here, and since then I’ve also purchased the pink because I love it so much. It looks pretty in photos but it is SO stunning in person, so flowy and beautiful! I haven’t worn the pink one yet but you can see what the blue looks like in real life here. On Amazon, the pink color is Design C and blue is Design B.
I talked about all these dresses in my business casual post a while back, so I won’t go into as much detail here:
- Floerns Floral Print Sleeveless Cocktail Dress – Good quality, and imo it’s prettier worn than on the hanger. I actually really like how it can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Homeyee Elegant Formal Dress – This is another one that looks better when worn than on the hanger I think! I have it in light pink.
- Babyonline Colorblock One-Piece Dress – This one felt a little sketchy for some reason haha the photos on the product page all look exactly the same with the different colors photoshopped in…but the reviews said it was good so I got it. And I do like it! The belt it came with was trash, I use one of my own instead – but this dress is very comfy and I like it a lot. The color I have is Small Houndstooth.
Then a few random other things as well:
- DPO Collared Pleated Button Down Blouse – This is probably the closest thing I have to a “miss” from my Amazon shopping. I don’t hate it, but I don’t really know how to style it or what I can pair it with. I haven’t worn this one yet because I’m still figuring it out, but I do like it! The color I have is Cyan Stripe.
- JJ Perfection Pleated Chiffon Layered Tank – I actually just got this today and I LOVE it! I wanted a pretty flowy top for summer to wear with skirts and shorts, and this is exactly what I wanted. I only got it in ivory to start but I already want to get it in more colors!
- Auliné Collection Solid Color Knit Blazer – Another one mentioned in my business casual post but it’s worth talking about again. I love this blazer! It’s a perfect complement to other items I have and I’m considering getting it in a few more colors.
- FARYSAYS Ruffle Off the Shoulder One-Piece Swimsuit – I haven’t worn this yet, just tried it on, because it just came in a few days ago. It fits well and is super cute in person! I really wanted a simple cute one-piece suit and this is exactly what I was looking for.
And I have a few more items coming in the mail too! I have honestly had nothing but good luck shopping for clothes on Amazon. With the fast shipping and huge selection…it’s just too good to pass up sometimes. Hopefully this post helped if you want to find some good stuff on Amazon too! I know I sounded like a total Amazon-crazed freak in here but I really do love it so much I just can’t help it haha. I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for reading! 🙂