Here we are with another wedding post! I know you’re all excited.
As I’m sure you’ve noticed if you’ve been reading my blog for more than a few minutes, I really love makeup. I love doing my makeup, buying new makeup, even just going into Sephora is a stress relief for me. So it should come as no surprise that I did my own makeup for my wedding!
However, you may be surprised to know that I was actually really hesitant to do it myself! Idk, I was just worried that I wouldn’t be able to get it perfect, or I’d be stressing and mess it up or something. I also needed it to last all day through eating, drinking, kissing and especially crying – and I wasn’t sure if I could master it. But in my heart I knew that I could never trust anyone else to do my makeup on this super important day, and at least if I did it myself and messed it up… I could blame myself and no one else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So leading up to the wedding I knew I’d have to practice a lot, just to make sure I knew what products I wanted to use and that I could get it perfect. I won’t lie, I stressed about this a LOT haha but after lots of practice I’m so happy with how it turned out! It’s exactly what I wanted 🙂
I thought it might be helpful to list all the products I used on my wedding day in case other people are planning on doing their own makeup, or if you just have good taste and want to buy some good makeup 😉 So here’s everything I used!!
- Foundation: Okay so would you believe that out of ALL the fancy expensive foundations I’ve tried, the one I used on my wedding day is like $10??? It’s true!! L’Oreal Pro Matte Foundation just works so well for keeping me matte and flawless, I was so happy I went with it!!
- Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape and NYX Green Concealer for redness
- Powder: Kat Von D Lock-It
- Contour: Fenty Beauty Match Stix in Amber (you may remember my adoring review of these here!)
- Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paaarty – the Sephora birthday gift from last year, it was the perf soft light pink color that I wanted!
- Highlighter: Fenty Match Stix in Starstruck
Doing my eyes was kind of daunting and I actually wasn’t able to practice this part at all for the 2 weeks leading up to the wedding, because with my lash extensions I didn’t want to wear any eye makeup and mess them up! So I was kind of winging it that day haha. I wanted to use pink and purple tones to match our colors, but I had to be careful that it didn’t end up looking bruise-y. So here’s what I used:
- Eyeshadow: So there’s a lot going on here. First I used the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Quad in Plum (this is discontinued but a review is linked), with the light shade towards the inside of my eye, the pinky coral shade in the middle, and then the darkest shade towards the outside. On the brow bone I applied the shimmery nude shade from this old Cinderella palette, and then MUFE Starlit Powder in Ivory on my inner corner – it’s so sparkly and beautiful!!!! I also used a few shades from the regular KVD Shade + Light in the crease and then on my lower lash line to make it more flushed out.
- Glitter: my FAVORITE part of the whole look was the glitter on my eyes which is Stila’s Glitter & Glow! It’s what I’m putting on in the photo above. The colors I used were Kitten Karma which was a beautiful pinky rose gold on my eyelid, and then a bit of Diamond Dust which is a sparkly silver on the inner part of my eye. They’re so STUNNING and they stay PUT once they dry!! I’m obsessed I want to wear them every day.
- Eyeliner: My trusty Kat Von D liner on top and then a brown Buxom pencil liner on the bottom!
- Lashes: I had eyelash extensions for the wedding and I’m so glad I did! I wish I would’ve gotten them a bit later (1 week out instead of 2 maybe) so they’d be a bit more full but they still looked amazing and kept me from having to wear mascara! Lash extensions are def not something I could do all the time but they were fun for the occasion.
- Brows: My old bae Anastasia Dipbrow in Blonde ❤
This is a better pic of Ana doing her makeup than of me lol but you can see how the look is all coming together here ^_^
There was one choice for my wedding day lipstick and you probably can guess it if you’ve been reading my blog for a while! I used Beauty Bakerie’s Lip Whip in Versailles (I’ve reviewed Lip Whips before here). It’s a perfect purpley pink color that complemented the rest of the look well and it stayed on all day and night, through dinner, cake, champagne and kisses! It was absolutely perfect!
held up through all kisses!!
- Setting spray: I’m extra so I used 3 setting sprays: Urban Decay All Nighter, MUFE Mist & Fix, and Mac Fix+! The MUFE one is my favorite but the combination of all 3 made sure my face wasn’t going anywhere haha. I was totally cry-proof!
- Since my dress was strapless we also used some highlighter on my chest and shoulders to make it really stand out! I don’t even remember what we used, just someone’s sparkly powder highlighter and then lots of setting spray on top to help it stay perfect. edit: I’ve been informed that the highlight used was my bridesmaid Lauren’s Tarte Pro to Go Highlighting Palette!
- Also worth mentioning since it’s a beauty post, my nails! Ana (my maid of honor) did our nails for us bc she’s amazing, and she used a few different shades including Essence Sweet as Candy, China Glaze Camisole, ILNP Juliette (my favorite), and she used a cool stamping set too (MoYou London Pro XL #14). They turned out so pretty!!
Everything lasted through all my tears!!
And that’s my wedding makeup!! After everything I’m so happy I did it myself – now that it’s done I can’t imagine trusting anyone else to do it for me. I know what I like and what I wanted, and I didn’t let my nerves get in the way of doing it! And honestly, doing my makeup is something I enjoy and it actually calmed me down that morning while we were getting ready and I was super stressing haha
Get ready to see this sentence a lot because it’s going to be in every post that includes wedding photos from now on: All the photos in this post were from our amazing photographer, Jake at Courage & Co Photography 🙂
Hope you enjoyed this post as always! For more wedding posts check here for everything I’ve written so far!