On all the beauty blogs I follow, some of my favorite posts to read are the “empties” posts. It’s always interesting to me to see how many products people are able to use up each month/season/whatever. It also always makes me curious how many things I could go through in that time. Last month, I held on to all the items I finished so I could find out. Here’s my September Empties:
I was actually surprised how many things I had by the end of the month! Here’s the rundown on all of it:
- Coola Mineral Face Sunscreen SPF 30 – I got this as a free sample with a Sephora order so it’s not technically a product I bought and used up, but I wanted to include it anyway so here we are. I used it on a day we went swimming and I didn’t wanna wear any makeup and it made my face feel soooo smooth and nice. However, I will never spend $36 on a sunscreen so that’s where this review will end hahah
- Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation in 10 Porcelain Ivory – I’ve been using this foundation for a while and I already have a backup purchased. Maybelline always has shades that are a really close match to my skintone and I like the light whippy texture of this foundation. It’s like the texture of a whipped yogurt. Delicious. I may look for something a bit more full coverage in the future, though.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes – I didn’t use the entire tube of this, but I scraped out as much as I could! I was once a big fan of these lip creams – they’re not drying, come in tons of colors, and dry matte. However, once liquid lipsticks came on the scene I never used these anymore. The big thing is that they’re not transfer-proof and wear off quickly, so I just never end up going for them over my liquid lipsticks that never ever budge. I still have a bunch of these in a few colors, though – I’ll probably try to use them up so I don’t end up wasting them, or give them to a friend who could use them (friends – let me know if you want…)
- Covergirl Limited Edition Super Sizer Star Wars Mascara – Both the two mascara tubes at the top are this Star Wars mascara that was released last year when Episode 7 came out. I was OBSESSED with this mascara. I love the skinny wand and the formula is great. The ones pictured here are one each of the waterproof and regular tubes – I used them so much that the writing on the side wore off! I’m sad these were limited edition but I hoarded a bunch of tubes of them so I should have at least one of each left haha
- Sephora Collection Eye Mask in Pomegranate – Lately I’ve been getting really into Asian skincare, and one of the biggest things is sheet masks. I also tried some sheet masks this month, which I’ll talk about below. This eye mask was a SHINING STAR this month. Omg. I absolutely loved it. The shape fit my undereyes perfectly and made them feel so awake and great! I bought the Pearl one to try next and I’m excited to use it soon.
- Pantene Expert Intense Hydration Conditioner – this is a sample size that was sent to me for free from Influenster! This was actually the second sample of this I received, the first one being full size which I’m still working on. I actually really like this conditioner. It makes my hair really smooth and shiny which is something I struggle with. I like to switch up my shampoo and conditioner from time to time but I did enjoy this while I used it!
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste – This isn’t technically a beauty product but I threw it in the bag anyway because I used EVERY DROP of this. It’s a toothpaste. It tastes minty fresh. I have since repurchased it. Yay.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes – these are pretty straightforward! I’ve used many different brands of makeup remover wipes and these are definitely the best imo. I don’t know if I would repurchase them right away now though because I’m using coconut oil as my makeup remover these days (lol)
- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Taupe – I’ve bought this brow pencil probably a dozen times, and I’ll continue to buy it. It’s my favorite brow product and I go through them pretty quickly, but they’re pretty cheap so I don’t mind.
- NYX Felt Tip Eyeliner in Extreme Black – I’ve tried a lot of things from NYX that I LOVE but this one was unfortunately not one of them. This seemed to dry out super quickly and I also feel like it never went on as smoothly as I wanted it. It seemed to drag over my eyeliner and ended up looking messy. I wouldn’t buy this one again.
- Tony Moly I’m Real Sheet Masks – These sheet masks really are a gateway drug to Asian skincare – I love them!!!!!! Masks are such a fun way to pamper yourself and it feels so luxurious, even though they are very affordable. These are sold at Ulta but I got mine in a pack on Amazon for really cheap. The ones I tried this month wereTea Tree (skin soothing), Red Wine (pore care), Makgeolli (skin purifying), and Broccoli vitality). I couldn’t really tell if they had different effects, but I did notice that the Tea Tree one in particular was very soothing and cooling. My only complaint is that they didn’t fit my face super well, but I would still definitely recommend these masks and I’m excited to try other ones 🙂
I was able to finish 15 products this month! As we can see, a lot of the things I “finished” were single use or sample sized…but it’s fine. I don’t know HOW people go through products so fast on posts like this! I was actively trying to go through my products and use them a lot to see if I could finish a bunch of things this month, and this is how far I got…lol. We’ll see how many things I can use up in October! 🙂